Surrender is your only way
You’re in a war you cannot win
God will be vindicated in that day
Every knee will bow to Him
Don’t wait to quit fighting His will
Sooner or later your flesh He must kill
Now is the time to surrender
Surrender all your past to Him
Give up all your secret shame
He knows all the bitterness within
He sees all the anger and pain
Do not hold on to it too tight
To your self-pity, give up your right
Let it all go and surrender
Surrender everything that will be
Don’t try to live by your own plan
The road ahead you cannot see
Only God can finish what He began
What God does, He need not explain
You must trust Him, in joy or in pain
Your future you must surrender
Surrender to the Triumphant One
Join with the Savior’s side
Without the cross no victory is won
Lay down your own foolish pride
Only In him can you victorious be
Raise up your white flag and you are free
Jesus asks for your surrender
- About Me
- I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.
Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment