I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.

Point of Surrender

God, I can’t seem to find my way
Out of my self and my pride
Don’t know what to ask, nor pray
Full of confusion inside

I can’t believe I’m so blind
To selfishness and delusion
I only think of me and mine
Is all that I have just illusion?

Heaven is calling; Hell is raging
The point of surrender draws near
My soul troubled, My mind racing
My flesh rises up in fear

I would rather give up or die
Than face what I really am
Can even God say why
I should find a way out of this jam?

The pressures inside, Lord, are great
To give up or run from your light
Somehow before its too late
I must learn to stand up and fight


Hell is plotting; Heaven is pleading
The point of surrender has come
The middle ground is surely fleeting
Will I give all to the Son?

O Lord, must I face this fork in the way
Is there no way I can wait?
I wish I’d have more time to play
But I must choose before its too late

The crossroad is here; My choices two
Its obvious what I must choose
From now on with self-will I’m through
‘Cause if not its Jesus I lose

Heaven rejoices; Hell is vanquished
The point of surrender is past
Peace is mine; No more in anguish
Self-will is conquered at last

No comments:

Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.