I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.

Fuel for Your Fire

Our God is a consuming fire of love
Burning with desire to meet our need
Compassion drove Him to die and bleed
Eyes of grace look down from above
Greater love than man has dreamed of
Burns in His every word and deed

God’s fire illumines the darkest night
A beacon that draws the helpless ones
Pointing the way to His blessed Son
Jesus, the giver of truth and light
Burning with hope, it shines so bright
Drawing all men until time is done

A fiery judge sits on His seat
Awaiting the day that all will be tried
The fire of judgment will be applied
When the fullness of time stands complete
Heaven and earth will melt from its heat
Gold, silver and gems alone will abide

Hearts that burn are all too rare
Of God’s fire they’re not aware
So few are consumed in fervent prayer
The burdens of lost and dying to bear
Help us, O Lord to do our share
My God, how much do I even care?

God, let Your fire in my heart burn
Kindle the flame and rake the coals
Burn up my will, Lord, take control
To be free of self I long and yearn
All other loves may my heart spurn
In You, O Lord, may I be whole

Lord, make me fuel for Your fire
Let my life burn pure and bright
I want to be fuel for Your fire
So others have warmth and light
Lord, burn this fuel for Your fire
Let Your love set me aflame
O God, I’ll be fuel for Your fire
That Jesus alone remains

No comments:

Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.