I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.

Did You Miss Me?

Did You miss me?
I was gone again
Hanging out
With other “friends”

I don’t know why
I love them more
Than I love You
My blessed Lord

I guess it’s ‘cause
They seem more fun
I like to take care
Of number one

With You it seems
I’m always stressed
Trying to do good
Doing my best

But You don’t want
All of my best
You just want me
In You to rest

Why can’t I see
That with You Lord
Is not just work
It’s so much more

In You is peace
And joy always
I wish it was real
Every day

So, Lord help me
To always see
That by Your side
Is the place to be

Forgive me Lord
My straying heart
Now by Your grace
We’ll never part

Did You miss me?
I missed You too
But from now on
I’ll stay with You

No comments:

Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.