Do I know You?
Have I searched out the depths of the cross?
Do I know You?
Have I counted all else but loss?
Do I know You?
Do I practice Your presence each hour, each day?
Do I know You?
Have I given my self-will on Your altar to lay?
Do I know You?
Am I obedient in great things and in small?
Do I know You?
Am I always attentive, list’ning for Your call?
Do I know You?
Through my life can Jesus be viewed?
Do I know You?
Is my life truly a reflection of You?
My knowledge of You is much less than I thought
All my learning has brought such delusion
I must always grow and I know that I ought
For if not my walk with You is illusion
Some times I think I don’t know You at all
But knowing is in the heart not the mind
Each moment together, however great or small
Builds a relationship that transcends time
Eternity cannot contain the knowledge of You
Forever I’ll be growing and loving You more
My searching and longing will never be through
And only You know the glories in store
- About Me
- I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.
Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment