I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.

Dig Deep Lord

Dig deep Lord,
Dig deep into our hearts
Dig deep into our lives
Plant Your Spirit deep in us
So our souls will come alive

Dig deep Lord,
Dig deep into our souls
Dig deep and come abide
Root out all the hidden sin
That we carry deep inside

Dig deep Lord,
Dig deep into our past
Dig deep into our pain
You will take the worst of hurts
And heal them in Your rain

Dig deep Lord,
Dig deep inside our minds
Dig deep in truth and light
Let nothing false remain in us
Make our wrong ideas right

Dig deep Lord,
Dig deep with mercy Lord
Dig deep from up above
Wrap us in Your tender arms
And show us Your great love

No comments:

Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.