Deeper than words, deeper than thought,
Deeper than feelings is what I need.
I’m so tired of this superficial lot;
From all pretence I must be freed.
God, please go beyond what I’ve thought or I’ve heard;
You must do a work in me that is deeper than words.
Deeper than words and outward acts,
My walk with you must be real.
I’m sick of posturing, posing and tact.
I shouldn’t have to say what I feel.
That my life would be a witness shouldn’t seem absurd;
Speak through me in ways that are deeper than words.
Deeper than words, written or read,
My knowledge of You should be alive.
May Your living word never seem dead.
My zeal for You, won’t You revive?
On to greater depths of God, I would be spurred;
Draw me into You, draw me deeper than words.
- About Me
- I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.
Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment