His appearance was marred more than any man (Isaiah 52:14)
A blindfold descends upon His face
His head explodes with pain
A fist knocks His nose out of place
“Prophesy”, they mock and strike again
Thorns are twisted into a crown
Razor sharp, they pierce His head through
A reed then batters them down
As they crowned the “king of Jews”
A heavy whip whistles through the air
Tearing into the flesh of His back
Muscles and tendons lay completely bare
Ripped off by this brutal attack
A hammer is raised above the tree
Feet and hands ablaze with pain
The nerves He designed work flawlessly
Agony stabs throughout His frame
From His torn up hands he hangs
His suffering only gets worse
Every breath causes painful pangs
His broken heart is ready to burst
From a hundred wounds blood is lost
Can there be any left within?
A crimson pool beneath the cross
Poured out for humanity’s sin
- About Me
- I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.
Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment