What I say is so far from what I do
My zeal for God keeps growing thin
O God what has come between me and You?
Can it be I’m on the outside looking in?
My sin and self keep pulling me away
The still small voice can’t rise above the din
The sunshine of God has faded to gray
It’s true, I’m on the outside looking in
This banishment has been my own choice
I have not loved You as much as my sin
I must wait on You; to hear your voice
Don’t want to be on the outside looking in
The journey back is narrow and rough
Prayer and Your word is where I begin
If I am willing to press on and hang tough
I won’t be on the outside looking in
Repentance provides a wide open way
You welcome me in spite of where I’ve been
I return to Your arms forever to stay
No longer on the outside looking in
- About Me
- I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.
Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment