Down at the altar, confronting my fears
Seeing my need, convicted of sin
Peace and pain are mixed with my tears
Then brokenness wells up within
Brokenness is so bitter and yet so sweet
It’s the place where God can reach me
The place where truth and mercy meet
And where the grace of God can teach me
Seeing myself in the light of the cross
Is excruciating but so freeing
The gains of brokenness outweigh the loss
But there’s a painful fact that I’m seeing:
I fight against it tooth and nail
My self-will hates to be broken
When I try to stay down, I always fail
My pride keeps my neediness unspoken
If I won’t stay humble and meek before you
I’ll never repent deep within
To always stay broken what can I do?
God, keep me from rising in sin
O Lord, may brokenness always be my home
Deliver me from self and from pride
I cannot make it if I do it alone
Please send brokenness to come and abide
- About Me
- I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.
Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment