I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.

Over the Sea

Leaving the body
Soul drifting away
Light overwhelming
Night becomes day

A glorious vessel
Waits at the quay
Angelic captain
Guiding the way

The heavenly ship
Crosses the sea
What sort of welcome?
Who shall it be?

Beautiful voyage
There is no fear
Destination sure
The end now is near

Shore drawing nigh
O glorious sight
Myriads of saints
And angels so bright

Out from the crowd
Loved ones appear
Grief now long gone
The reunion is here

All questions answered
All longings filled
Just purity and peace
All self is killed

In the midst of joy
Best welcome of all
Seeing the Savior
Into His arms fall

No comments:

Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.