I’ve long since lost count
Of disappointments wrought
And pitched battles lost
No matter how hard we fought
Another disappointment
After months of prayer and tears
Considering it wasted time
Awakens my greatest fears
All our brightest hopes
The sleepless midnight cries
Were they all in vain
No matter how hard we tried?
Hope deferred, You said
Makes sick our very hearts
This doubt, even despair
Threaten to rend them apart
Do we then give up
And lay our burden down?
Do we give up the rescue
When another needlessly drowns?
Oh, it is unthinkable
To let this discouragement in
No matter how hard it gets
We can’t let the enemy win
So, Lord here we stand
It is all that we can do
We do not understand it all
But we give ourselves to you
- About Me
- I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.
Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment