I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.

Seek and Save

For the Son of Man is come to seek and save that which was lost.-Luke 19:10

Lord, please seek me like You sought Zaccheus
And would You save me too.
Bring me down from my high tree
And bid me sup with You

Seek out all my hidden sin;
Save me from iniquity.
Search the black depths of my soul;
From darkness set me free.

Search, expose and kill my pride.
Save me from my will.
Remove from me that stubborn thing
In me that does You ill.

Seek and search deep in my heart;
Find my deepest needs
Grant me all of Your desires;
The dreams You dream for me.

Lord, please save me from myself;
Save me through and through.
I have no hope alone, O Lord;
I’m lost apart from You.

No comments:

Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.