The air is stale and still
‘Tis black as a starless night
Eerie silence the tomb doth fill
The entrance is shut up tight
The brooding gloomy air
Is shattered by a sudden quake
The rough hewn walls of the lair
Begin to crack and shake
A sudden stab of light invades
The stone is rolling back
Dark shadow retreats and fades
Dawn floods through the crack
Now upon the rough cold shelf
Where a body once had sat
A linen cloth folded by itself
And grave clothes empty and flat
The open tomb reveals it all
By streaming light of day
God’s atoned now for the fall
Christ the Lord is risen today
- About Me
- I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.
Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment