I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.

House by the River

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb (Rev. 22:1)

Welcome to your house by the river
The mansion prepared just for you
Come and see why it was worth it
All that you had to fight through

Every room is just perfect
For every purpose in heaven
For worship, rest and play
A wonderful place is given

Outside there is a balcony
Overlooking the river of life
Fruit-laden trees hang over it
So full and sweet and ripe

The river itself is amazing
Reflecting the bright golden sky
Rainbow colors dance and shine
With beauty that can’t be described

To swim in this river divine
Brings unspeakable Joy and light
Diving boards, swings and slides
Make it easy to enter its delight


We can all jump in together
Friends and saints from before
With sins forgotten and gone
Fellowshipping in love evermore

But when one special guest drops by
It will be the best thing of all
When Jesus, your Lord, Friend and Savior
Stops in to pay you a call

Just a few moments with Him
Will wash away all of the past
His gentle touch and loving voice
Will bring you peace at last

Forever you’ll live there in heaven
In your house by the river’s bank
With joy in the presence of Jesus
Always full of praise and of thanks

No comments:

Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.