Hands of mercy breaking bread
Hungry multitudes in need
By Jesus hand they were fed
Performing the compassionate deed
…with hands of mercy
Hands of mercy for the blind
Opening eyes and deaf ears too
A greater mercy they’d not find
Than that which Jesus could do
…through hands of mercy
Hands of mercy for the unclean
Lepers he was willing to touch
Jesus stooped to the lowly and mean
He could pour out so much
…with hands of mercy
Hands of mercy raise the dead
Setting a father free from grief
Back from death the girl was led
(In spite of all their unbelief)
…by hands of mercy
Hands of mercy on the cross
The greatest deed now to do
Healing humanity’s sin and loss
Nails are brutally driven through
…His hands of mercy
- About Me
- I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.
Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment