Walkin’ through school
Lookin’ all cool
Never be a fool
You’re always hangin’ with the in crowd
Lookin’ all together
Never been better
Gonna be forever
You’re livin’ large, livin’ so proud
But I see the pain in your eyes
The shame you keep disguised
There’s so much pain in your eyes
All the hurt you hold inside
Doin’ things your way
All just fun and play
Livin’ for today
Ain’t got time to give God a thought
You think you’re free
Living just for me
Don’t want no creed
Put yourself first, just like you’re taught
But I see the pain in your eyes
The shame you keep disguised
There’s so much pain in your eyes
All the hurt you hold inside
Got a killer ride
Girls on the side
Walkin’ in pride
Everything you want at your call
Always gettin’ more
Better than before
Never be poor
Not gonna quit ‘til you get it all
But I see the pain in your eyes
The shame you keep disguised
There’s so much pain in your eyes
All the hurt you hold inside
All alone in your room at night
Know that you’re not livin’ right
You’re future isn’t lookin’ so bright
Deep inside you’re wound so tight
The tears and fears you try to fight
All you want is to see some light
Jesus knows the pain in your eyes
For the hurt and shame He died
He can heal the pain in your eyes
He will give you peace deep inside
- About Me
- I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.
Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment