I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.

Scourging

“The plowers plowed upon my back”–Ps. 129:3

Senseless brutality
Violence unchained
Metal-studded whips
Blows begin to rain

Bruises are raised
Blood begins to flow
Again and again
Strong vicious blow

Flesh in ribbons
Skin stripped away
Ripped, torn nerves
Screaming with pain

How can He endure
This bestial attack?
Overflowing hatred
Beating on His back

Finally collapsed
No longer can stand
Mangled flesh & blood
That once was a man

Dragging Him away
Leaving a bloody trail
Dropping their whips
Only to pick up nails

“The chastisement for our peace fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed”-Isa. 53:5

No comments:

Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.