I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.

I Am

I am the God of all comfort
The Lord that has mercy on thee
I am Father of the fatherless
The great Shepherd of the sheep

The Savior of all men
I am the God of grace
The Lord that created the heavens
I am the Ancient of Days

The Lord which called thee by name
I am the Prince of peace
I am God full of compassion
The Lord that created thee

Shepherd and Bishop of your souls
I am the Father of lights
God in Whose hand your breath is
I am the Prince of life

I am a Man of sorrows
A worm and no man
I am Head Stone of the corner
The Shade on your right hand

I am the Father of mercies
The Almighty who shall bless thee
I am the Friend of sinners
The Shadow from the heat

I am God, the Judge of all
The God that cannot lie
I am God of the whole earth
The Almighty from on high

I am the Lord that is faithful
I am the very God of peace
The gracious and merciful God
The Lord that healed thee

I am the only wise God
Great God that formed all things
The great and terrible God
I am the King of kings

I am Fairest of ten thousand
The God of love and peace
God, the perfection of beauty
I am the Lord, whom you seek

I am God who is rich in mercy
The Root out of a dry ground
I am God that comforteth
Those that are cast down


I Am…

No comments:

Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.