The Shadow of that hideous strength
Casts its proud heart through the years
Mankind yet will go to any length
To escape their insecure fears
As in the days of Babel’s tower
We cast off the bonds of God
Seeking our own strength and power
In its footsteps now we trod
The fear of God waxes colder still
We no longer fall at His feet
Asserting our own twisted will
Old Babel’s sins we repeat
But as in those days of old
God looks into our hearts of pride
He sees our love waxing cold
Forgetting it was for us that He died
His wraith against us is stored
Our tower will crash to the ground
We must bow our knee to Him as Lord
And at His feet fall down
- About Me
- I began writing poetry early in my walk with God. I have found it to be the best and sometimes the only way to express what God has made real in my heart. All of these poems are gifts from Heaven to me. Writing them and even re-reading them myself has blessed me beyond measure. I now pass the gift on to you. May you be touched and changed.
Copyright Notice: I have registered all the poems on this site with the U. S. Copyright office. I have done this for the sole purpose of safeguarding them from misuse or corruption, and not because they are "mine" exclusively. I believe that all my work belongs to God alone and is to be used to further His kingdom. To that end, permission is granted to print, copy, or otherwise use this work. I only ask that in whatever way, Jesus Christ is glorified as Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment